Thursday, June 3, 2010

I was born in..................


Glasgow, Scotland at 1pm on the 4th of April 1953.
Just myself, my mother Amy and the hospital staff in attendance, as my father Jimmy, who was an outstanding amateur golfer, was out on the course apparently.
He was a qualified Chartered Accountant who had married Amy, a Registered Nurse, on the 18th of December 1951 in Glasgow's All Saint's Church.
Dad had spent most of the war in Asia and had decided that there were excellent opportunities for a young accountant and his family there, so, 8 months after my birth,


the three of us boarded a Lockheed Constellation at Heathrow in London for the long flight to the first colony to figure in my life. This was to be the first of many flights that I was to undertake up until I was 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment